Thursday, April 10, 2008

Postmortem

I didn't think I'd ever get around to writing this. In fact, I'm still not sure I'm going to get around to debriefing. This show just won't die. I mean, almost a week since we closed, we got another review.

The final weekend was just so dang dark. I mean, up until then, it was pretty fun. Despite the major bumps we ran into along the way and me realizing I have GOT to learn to chill out when idiots take over the world, it was all pretty much a positive experience.

So the ukulele carnies hating the show, followed by surprise after surprise in the form of, "I can't pay the chorus" to "There's a rival ukulele group trying to destroy the festival" to "The Festival has been destroyed--this is the last one" to "I'm stealing the pants I wore in the show. I don't care if they're not mine. That's not my problem"...

It just deteriorated. I mean, on the upsies, I'm now a member of the New York Fourstringedguitar Ensemble. On the downsies, so is Nasty Blonde who can't really play the instrument even though she thinks she can. I guess they think she's cute or...whatever.

So it's hard to feel too torn up about it. Hmm. I need to think about this some more.

No comments: