Thursday, April 17, 2008

Didn't Die

OH YEAH!

I had my first REAL New York musical theatre audition yesterday.

No ukuleles. Ill prepared. Scrambling to find my sheet music. Scared out of my PANTS.

The usual New York musical theatre audition types were there. Gossipy girls, noisy queens, overbuilt dudes with funny noses, girls who needed nose jobs...

You could hear the kids inside the audition room. It seemed like every one of them was a high tenor with a bad belt. Or a loud alto with an okay belt. Still, they were beltier than me. I was so scared I thought my heart was going to explode.

I went in and did my 16 bars.

It ended. They said that was "great" and thanks for sticking to 16 bars unlike half the folks they had seen earlier that day.

Holy crap, guys! I did a REAL New York musical audition!! And I DIDN'T DIE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doy.

Fork said...

Hey, shut up! I thought I was going to! Best audition evar!!1!