Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Second Dress

We got through act one of the show last night. Hey, at least we got that far. What was meant to be a run through became another tech rehearsal. And thanks to the light rain we had on Sunday, the mosquitoes were out in droves. Freakin' mosquitoes. It looks like I've got tiny red abs all over my body. Normally, I'd be thrilled. The abbier the better, right? Only I'm not insane. These aren't tiny red abs. They're bug bites. And they itch!

I'm taking the rest of this week off work to prepare for the show. This morning I'm meeting with the composer, the director, and the lyricist (the guy who also originated this role). Tonight we're going to run quickly through the first act, then we're going to attempt to tech the second act.

The costumes are fan-freakin-tastic. And I'm pleased to report that Mr. Puckster is ab-o-licious! I'm so happy for me.

It occurred to me as I was looking at the program yesterday that if something dreadful were to happen to any of us in the cast...what would they do? I mean, Everycity is a pretty busy place. Road rage is pervasive on these crowded thoroughfares. That we haven't already lost a couple of fairies to Death-UVs is a miracle.

Seriously. They're taking a huge risk letting us leave the theatre until after this show is closed. If I were them, I'd heard us into cages at the end of the night and keep us there until the next performance.

6 comments:

The Cliff said...

Have a good opening my friend. I'll be away until tuesday...

Bibb Leo File said...

Do red-hot abs help in moving heavy boxes and furniture? If so, I know of a job for you after the show...

Puck's Moving Company
"We Move With the Power of Abs!"

Queen, III said...

I snuck in last night and saw your show again. You ARE abolicious!

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

From now on, I'm always calling Puck "Mr. Puckster," and you'll be all, "We just say Puck," and I'll be like, "But you said..."

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Forky. You should be locked in a cage.

Anonymous said...

What a great site when was vicodin first made protein and supplements