Friday, June 23, 2006

Best Ever, week...what week is it again?

Gotta make this brief. The gym is a-callin'.


BEST EVER
Week ???
Big Black Divas

The band was really off last night. REALLY off. Two of my songs had screwed up entrances...so screwed up that I missed them. It's like a train. You see it coming, it's here--and then it's gone. And you couldn't jump on because some joker had removed the hand rails.

Not being a "singer", I didn't feel I had the clout to demand them to get their act together and to please, please, for the love of God, PLEASE do it the same way every time.

But I didn't need to. Because the woman playing Titania, also known as the Aretha Franklin of Everycity, did it for me.

Let's just say when you screw up the intro to a big black diva's biggest number in the show, you'd better believe you'll be hearing about it. And since I've been encouraging her in this, her first Shakespeare (albeit a 70s rock musical Shakespeare), she took care of me.

When you're good to mama, mama's good to you.

And that's why big black divas are this week's

BEST EVER
Honorable mention: Getting through first preview, the 8 Minute Abs DVD, DMog's Pep-Talks

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does being raised by a BBD mean that you have the best life ever?

sam

Anonymous said...

I am coming to the show either this tuesday or Sunday July 2. I promise to stay through the whole thing, really.... I will

Anonymous said...

Give her a hug for me and tell her I can't wait to meet her. You're great, Forky.

Moderator said...

Good vote.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Nice aberrific picture in the DMN. N.O. and I might try to come tomorrow night...

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! http://www.diamond-engagement-rings-8.info http://www.asian-anal-0.info free black jack game Culinary arts school in connecticut Extra large breast augmentation pic investments cholesterol maladies First chair music taxi eyeglass frames eyewear incorporating green cards pictures buick lesabre http://www.sextoys2.info Russian cossack dance discount meridia Answering machine user guide Interracial bcs 001 Free real live jasmin webcam Hepa filter manufacture