Thursday, June 22, 2006

First Preview

First preview is tonight. I have to hurry up and do my 8 minute abs video so I can run over to the tanning salon and get sprayed down with liquid brown.

We managed to get through the entire show last night. The co-writer/lyricist arrived in Everycity and I met with him, the director, and the composer at the Park yesterday afternoon when UV rays were at their peak (you see where this is going, don't you?). We talked outside for two hours. I got hot and removed my top shirt so I was just wearing my wife beater. It's all good though. We were in the shade.

Well, apparently I was cursed by gypsies as a child because the sun managed to find me even there. During the run through, I ran backstage between scenes and someone said, "Dude--What happened to your shoulders?"

Yep. BRIGHT RED. Like, CRAZY red. Like, they're gonna KILL me red.

Meanwhile, on the front, my fake tan was starting to peel off...BADLY. I had a solid, bright white stripe of my natural skin color running right down the center of my stomach, and splotches of pale Scots-Irish skin peaking out everywhere else.

I was a human rainbow.

Okay! Time for abs!