Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ball

I thought this exercise ball would help me get in better shape for the show.

Boy was I wrong. All I do is play on it. Queen III can attest to that. My favorite move is "skydiver". I always roll off in the end, but it's great fun while it lasts.

The best part of this purchase was the "8 Super Workouts!" DVD that came with it. Naturally, I skipped straight to the ab workout section. It had this woman sitting in some kind of Shinto Yoga Garden. Soothing music plays. A stream babbles gently in the background. The woman gets on the ball, says, "Here we go!" and she does, like, a crunch on it. Then she stretches for two minutes to make sure she didn't pull anything. That DVD is a coaster now.

Lately I've been trying to teach Nelson to balance on it. Make hay while the sun shines, I always say.

5 comments:

Moderator said...

Big fan of the "Skydiver" too! We've never used it for exercise, but the kids play with it.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I can imagine myself trying to do a crunch while balanced on a ball. It isn't pretty. Balance isn't really one of my things.

Anonymous said...

those balls are way fun to bounce on.

Tracy said...

"That DVD is a coaster now."

Forky funny!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »