Monday, June 30, 2008

Speedo Update

I'm not still anguishing over what size speedo to wear. Sorry I haven't written. I'm trying to throw myself back into writing this play but it's been difficult for a number of reasons. Okay, not THAT many. Really only one.

So this morning I got a phone call telling me I got a "hold" for that Major General Stanley ad. It shoots on the 11th and 12th (two days? For a picture? What kind of incredible speedo IS this?). I should hear about whether I booked it or not sometime this week. Maybe.

I'm on hold for the principal. No, not that kind of principal. I'm not in trouble. I mean, the principal dude in the ad. Like, the one who gets to stand in the Major General Stanley pose.

But in addition to being "on hold" for that, I'm also kinda "on hold" for any one of the several extras. Yeah. Like the Irish Beer ad.

Oh, I didn't write about that one, did I? I can't remember. I've been naked so much lately my short term memory is shot. But yeah. I did "extra" work for this Irish Beer ad. While all the other guys and gals with more "middle America" hair and facial features got to pose with pints of this brown stuff, lookin' all happy like they didn't have a care in the world, I sat in the back of the bar with my head turned toward the corner to make it look like there were more people in the bar.

I came up with this scenario that I was actually the most important person in the shoot. Like, the ad was really about how we exclude our friends from our happiest moments because they're "different".

But yeah. I can't figure this one out. For the Major General Stanley last ad they just snapped some pictures and photoshopped a bunch of guys in front of a soccer goal. And they say they might need extras for this one?

Great. Maybe the back of my head will be in this one too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe the Major General Stanley pose is harder to hold than we think...