Sunday, June 01, 2008

As Promised...

It's FAR from practically perfect in every way, but I'm a man of my word. I said you'd get a new song this weekend and here it is. "Anything Can Happen" from the B'way production of Mary Poppins. There are problems with it, I know--that return from the bridge is just bizarre (what WAS I thinking??). But I was all out of time and finally had to say, "Good enough" and send it to myspace.

This is gonna sound really sentimental, but, well, this song is rather dear to me. Ever since I first heard it about a year ago, it's sort of become one of those "cheer up" songs when I feel as though it's time to throw in the towel. In fact, for you Forkulele trivia hounds out there, I arranged this for the uke in the evenings during my recent trip to Cackalackee--the ultimate "You are SO done" trip.

So in spite of one or two spots that didn't come out quite CD-quality, I hope you all enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you'll add it to your "cheer up" playlist too.



Click here to go there!

1 comment:

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

I'm impressed! I haven't heard that song before. I'm sorry about your SC trip.