Thursday, June 05, 2008

Day Four

This is Naked Chocolate reporting on behalf of Forkulele Fork of the 42nd Floor.

Nothing terribly terrible happened today. There *was* almost a crash though. In the last 20 minutes of the day, one of the artists tried to move the stand his sculpture was on...but the wheels on the back of his stand didn't want to move. So instead of moving forward, the stand began to tip over.

Just thinking of that happening chills me to the chocolate bone.

I'm really kind of upset right now. You have to understand, forks, of the twelve sculptures, I think only five of them will be "finished" by 6:00 tomorrow.

But that does NOT mean the others are crap. What it means is these artists don't usually produce completed works of classically sculpted beauty in 40 hours.

Case in point, poor Casey Jones. He's suffering from intense shoulder and back pain from these marathon sculpting sessions, and his sculpture isn't likely to be "finished" by tomorrow evening. But his body of work (like mine, har har) is *stunning*!!

So that's why I'm upset. I really believe in these guys. It's just not everyone can work as clay slashingly fast as Phil and Plato.

So those two are easily in the lead. HowEVER, newcomer Kiss Me Kate picked up some serious steam today. Hers is excellent. Just excellent. And you know what? The Harry Potter lady's isn't bad either! And neither is the Mormon's.

Wow. It's all so close. I simply can-NOT tell who's going to go home with the prizes.

I kind of don't want it to end. I'm so nervous for all of them.

No comments: