Friday, June 27, 2008

My Problems

Such a life I lead. I called the Cachinnator last night for some advice.

I'm being called in for a second callback for Major-General Stanley Rum. You know. The brand with the pirate standing with one leg on a barrel?

The first callback I was to come dressed as a soccer player. The idea was that there would be a line of soccer players protecting their "selves" from a fast-flying soccer ball, while the player on the end is in the Major-General Stanley pose.

I don't know what I did wrong, but I didn't book that one. I guess they were looking for Ken dolls to play the soccer players.

And it's about to get worse. OH, so much worse. By this time tomorrow, I'll have another self-image complex.

Because *this* Major-General Stanley ad is supposed to be competative swimmers feeling self-conscious about...yes...their teeny speedos.

So my question was do I go with the speedo that actually fits me, or do I go with the one two sizes too small.

This is my life.

I'll let you know what happens. And if the Vercace models throw me into a self-loathing dither.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no coincidence that "Speedo" rhymes with "torpedo." It should be tight enough to discern your religion.

Bibb Leo File said...

Put a sock in it.

(And no, I am not using a familiar colloquialism for "be quiet.")

Fork said...

Don't worry. There was no need for that. Oh Lord. Why can't I live someplace quiet like Missouri?