Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday Makes the World Go Around

The first post of October 2005. Lordie Loo...where did the year go?

And in other news, the Shakespearean Production is in dress rehearsals. Or undress rehearsals, in my case. I still wonder how they're expecting to get away with a lot of this stuff, especially considering the show is being advertised as a fun family event and would make a great outing for church groups. I must've been sick the day they sent out the memo regarding our duty as creative artists to shock and offend our audiences as much as possible. I think it must be part of a conspiracy; so when the patrons protest or refuse to come, the actors can say "They're so narrow-minded! So we ate a couple of live sheep on the stage and sacrificed a goat to Baal. What's the big deal?"

Ah, me.

Bare Ankles takes the lead in Round 2 of 'Who's Fault is it Anyway?', breaking what would have been an unprecidented three-way tie. There's still time to cast your vote...or vote again! Speak out for your favorite culprit! Let your voice be heard! Voting will conclude on Thursday with an elaborate award ceremony to follow.

Thursday? Why Thursday?

Because another cool front is blowing our way and is scheduled to make a stop in Everycity on Thursday of this week! Now I have to say I feel a bit responsible for the brevity of the last one. Here today, gone tomorrow. Maybe if I hadn't been so excited about it it might have lingered longer. So I promise not to so much as mention the cool front all week long. And if you ask me about it, I'll say, "What about my fronts?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, what about your fronts? Did I mention I'm having a dismal day - mostly because of the d@mn heat! I'm so sick of it I could pass out for real - not stage pass out.
Soooo, church groups to you play, huh? The only people who won't be offended apparantly are the Methodist - so there is still hope! There are a lot of Methodists in Everycity!!

Anonymous said...

I volunteer to be offended by proxy for anyone not invited to the show. And I still say, emphatically, that the real culprit is technology! You don't read about technology in the Bible, do you? Moses didn't download the big 10, did he? God didn't page Isaiah, did he? Mary Magdelene never appeared on the interned, did she? See??? It's technology!!!

Fork said...

Another vote for technology. Bare ankles appear to be losing their--er--grip.

Sorry Scott. Only the Methodists are invited to this one. As the Queen says, they're the only ones who won't be offended by the...minimalist elements of the play. Particularly the costumes. (Okay, okay, it's not THAT bad. But it IS a bit shocking just the same)

Fork said...

That has yet to be decided. I could go with the ol' pirate costume again but I'm thinking maybe it's time for something...NEW!