Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sunshine from a reader

"I hate today because I feel like crap and my boyfriend has made me mad and I have to sit all day at a desk and think about how much my life stinks. I know what you’re going to say…I still have all my appendages and what not, but that’s really not helping at all right now. I would put on make up, but I’m always about to cry, so in addition to everything, I look crappy, too. Today is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."

I think this reader is absolutely right. Have you looked at the news today? It's one dreadful little story after another! And what's more, there's absolutely NO cool weather on the horizon. Just more hot, hot, hot. No cool fronts coming our way any time soon. Who wants all that cold weather anyway? Not me, that's for sure. No sir.

And can I just add...we have our first preview for our relatively brief run of [Shakespeare production] tonight and I'm scared to death. Maybe it's the costume. Maybe it's that I feel incredibly un-funny. Maybe it's that everybody here on the 42nd floor is coming down with horrible fevers and I'm starting to think I'm getting sick too. Maybe I'm scared because I AM scared...and I never get THIS scared! It's scary! This IS a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! (Say it with me now...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!!!! Man do I relate to that reader. I had a fight with my boyfriend today, too. Life sucks. Jebus! Where are you, Jebus?!

Fork said...

But Queen, I thought you didn't even believe in Jebus.

Chimchim--I remember that! It was months ago! It also started raining halfway through act one so I never actually made it on stage that night!

Nice try. }:^P

Anonymous said...

I only believe in Jebus when I need him - you know - like everyone else!

Fork said...

As Arrested Development's Lucille Bluth might say, it was a grotesque misadventure.

Fork said...

Or as Arrested Development's GOB might say, it was utterly macabre.

Anonymous said...

Bastard!

Fork said...

Shut up, you!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.cheapest-airfares-australia-canada.info/Northwest-airlines-flight-3429.html problem+with+concerta