Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hair! Part 2

Why Do You Bob Your Hair, Girls?
by Blind Alfred Reed, 1927


Why do you bob your hair, girls?
You're doing mighty wrong.
God gave it for a glory
And you should wear it long!
You spoil your lovely hair, girls,
To keep yourself in style;
Before you bob your hair, girls,
Just stop and think a while.

Why do you bob your hair, girls?
It is an awful shame
To rob the head God gave you
And bear the flapper's name.
You're taking off your covering,
It is an awful sin;
Don't ever bob your hair, girls,
Short hair belongs to men.

Why do you bob your hair, girls?
It does not look so nice;
It's just to be in fashion,
lt's not the Lord's advice.
And every time you bob it
You're breaking God's command
You cannot bob your hair, girls
And reach the Glory land.

Why do you bob your hair, girls?
It's not the thing to do;
Just wear it, always wear it,
And to your Lord be true.
And when before the judgment
You meet your Lord up there,
He'll say, "Well done! For one thing,
You never bobbed your hair!"

10 comments:

The Cliff said...

A-FREAKING-MEN. That was the most beautiful, honest and true piece of poetry i've ever read. How can the truth be put in such an elegant fashion. If only Kind David had been so elloquent in his writing of the Pslams. The picture is so clear in my head, God turning holy women away at the gate because thier hair is cut short. That is the way it should be.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Well, I am in big trouble! Pants and short hair. I'd better not get in a car wreck on the way home, or I'll be damned for sure.

Anonymous said...

how 'bout no pants at all? Is that a sin? I REALLY need to know, as I find myself without them often...

The Cliff said...

David didn't wear pants when he danced around the ark...I don't think Jesus ever wore pants...So in my understanding...no pants at all = OK

The Cliff said...

NO pants is definantly ok if you have an Xavier Roberts tattoo on your bum...just so you know.

Anonymous said...

What a relief!! I guess I should stop wearing pants full stop. Man, getting dressed in the morning is going to be a whole lot easier from now on!

Grizham said...

You see, this is why I wear Kilts, it solves the whole pants problem, and I'm a man.

As for short hair, and cars. Indeed, a complete abomination to women. I mean, when I want some dinner if she has short hair, how am I going to drag my woman, granted that I get one, back into the kitchen so she can continue serving ME.

Same thing with cars, it just helps them lolly gag and get into more of the devil's mischief. Besides we know that this will lead to bare ankles, which is the predecessor for booze and jazz.

Something needs to be said. Something needs to be done.

Thank you, for doing the Lord's work Forky

Fork said...

And think of the money you'll save, queen iii!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Was that poem one of the first results in a test of the infinite monkey theorem? I could seriously eat Alphabits and poop better poetry than that.