Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've Got Seoul

I'm about to disrobe in a class full of *nothing* but Korean girls.

Oh Cod. I can hear the giggles now.

Hey. It's a living.


* * *

Oh, no it's not.

I'm recovering at a Morebucks across the street. Man. Maybe I'm just getting old, y'all, but standing in a pose like that for three hours just took. Its. Toll. But, to my credit, I already did a three hour standing pose this morning. Maybe that's why I'm so tired.

I'm sitting here hoping a flying caravan of swans will swoop into this coffee shop and carry me aloft on their downy backs to my humble little apartment on the west side. Do you ever wish that sort of thing would happen? When your body says "go!" and your feet say "no!"?

I mean, hell. It doesn't e'en have to be swans. It can be a car. Just as long as walking and standng (I'm looking at YOU, N train!) is kept to a bare minimum. And yes. That pun most certainly WAS intended.

I've been back in the modeling game for a few months now and that was the first time I felt like I was enduring torture. Seriously, y'all. That class was hot, quiet, and Korean.

Not a good combination.

I could fairly feel the bamboo shoots tickling the undersides of my fingernails.

The heat is on in Saigon. Oh yes it is.

No comments: