Friday, July 31, 2009

Trains

I'm telling you guys...the subway system in NYC is SO EASY.

Once you understand that the trains pretty much just go up and down (and that in Manhattan, downtown doesn't mean "where the most tall buildings are") it's a breeze.

Express trains stop at the white dots. Regular trains stop at the black AND white ones. And if you wind up going the wrong direction, simply disembark, walk across the platform, and catch the next train going the opposite way.

But these other trains...these actual TRAIN-trains?

Forget it. Using them requires a whole nuther level of understanding and observation.

I *naturally assumed* the train I was just booted from was headed to Manhattan.

I mean, don't all roads lead there? Isn't Manhattan like Rome?

Apparently not. As the Irish-Italian conductor so brusquely informed me. Nicky O'Carlo. He's a tough guy.

In other news, Heaven's sprung a leak. How'm I supposed to move all this junk if Manhattan keeps doing its best impression of Seattle?

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

JBost said...

PICTURES!

Fork said...

Imagination!