Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Finished Painting

Consider the lilies of the field...

Click for larger image!



Do you see the twist here? That Solomon is considering the lilies of the field? The lilies Jesus was talking about were probably bright red and not at all like the Easter lilies you're thinking of. If you look closely you can see them in the distance and also a couple on the dish I'm holding.

I'm only making $12.50 an hour. And in this town the cost of living is just WAY higher. I should ask for a raise. Especially since palace dress code is toga without any underpants. It's kind of embarrassing when the Shekinah Glory blows past. But hey, those concubines are kinda cute.

I'm also King Solomon's body.

It's good to be king. I think I'm going to use my kingly staff to skewer some bread and figs since they put the table so far away. Why'd they do that? And why did that pale slave put flowers on my dish? Does he think I'm going to eat those? I wouldn't consider those lilies of the field! And I really wish he would put on some underpants. Maybe I need to make it a little more clear that the no underpants rule doesn't apply to the dudes too. Hmm. Well, I don't want to embarrass him by telling him that in front of my concubines. I wonder if she remembers the time when we first met...


Maybe we'll make the cover of a Bible study! Or at least a daily devotional!

2 comments:

Seth Ward said...

Very nice! He's too busy thinking to eat at that moment. Maybe he was trying to count calories... or figuring out what calories were...

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

They look more like poppies to me...