Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back from Drama Camp

Back from Connecticut. And I'm pretty sure those red spots on my ankles are ant bites. Because Lord knows I didn't set foot in the stupid Connecticut woods. I don't have a death wish, you know.

The retreat wasn't as dreadful as I thought it might be. In fact, it was a kind of fun bonding experience with a bunch of strangers. We got all the big group scenes staged and had a swell time living in this weird barn-like building that was built to be a hippie yoga/meditation/interpretive dance studio.

And...I guess that's all there is to say about that.

Just a few more days before I get the keys to the new apartment. Really anxious to see what the catch is. Because there's GOT to be a catch. The more I think about it, the more suspicious I'm becoming. Because it's so close to Times Square, it's a really decent sized studio, it's quiet, it's clean...and for some reason, it's cheap. That's why I'm suspicious. A place like this? They could have gone with $1675 at LEAST.

But then, after having heard about the weirdly wonderful deals people have been finding all over the place--what with the economy and all--maybe I should just quit asking questions and be happy I'll soon have an apartment that only needs one air conditioning unit to cool the whole thing off.

Theatre Retreat

1 comment:

kenley said...

Looks like we DO have something to thank Obama for! Cruddy economy = cheap rent! Yay!