Monday, July 06, 2009

Back in Town

And not a moment too soon. Seriously, y'all. Something's still wrong. VERY wrong.

On Thursday before we started our six hour drive to Upstate New York Land, I called the clinic and left a message on the Queen Nurse's voicemail asking her to call me back if they had received the results from my blood test.

Well, somewhere during the drive up I wound up with a voicemail from her.

"Yes, your lab results ARE in and...umm...we really need you to come in first thing Monday morning. We'd also like to know how you're feeling right now--if you're okay. So yes, please make sure you come in on Monday morning and tell them we need to see you so you can make sure to be seen."

Well THAT was fun news to get after having JUST arrived at our lakeside retreat for the weekend.

With the extremely spotty phone signal we had at the cabin, I used my schmartphone to rule out viral meningitis, although my neck and jaw were/are extremely stiff and painful to move. The low blood pressure and the curious large red circular patches appearing all over my body are unusual as well, as are the sudden "itchy attacks" that happen once a day for about twenty minutes on the tops of my feet. And, of course, those nutty nodules are all starting to swell again.

It really makes me wonder why the idiot doctor I saw two weeks ago didn't just go ahead and prescribe some generic antibiotic even though he was pretty sure it wasn't lyme disease.

Anyway, pictures and videos of the wacky weekend to come. If I don't die first.

2 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Lyme disease? Don't you mean "lime" disease? The disorder you get from squeezing too many limes into your Heinekens and salsa bowls?

I contracted that one last summer, but the symptoms consisted mainly of indigestion and fuzzy vision.

Seriously, though, don't die before you buy us a baby gift; we're registered at Target and Babies R' Us.

JBos said...

Lime's disease is most common in Grad school. JFO is not in Grad school and thus is not exposed to the Margarita madness that causes such maladies. Rule that one out.

Other note: There is going to be a Baby Leo File?! How wonderful! Master Nelson will have a little bro/sis!