Monday, August 22, 2005

Ask Nelson! 8/22/05


Nelson,

What's your opinion on all of Fork's high-tech gadgets like his computer, cell phone, GameCube, DS, TV, DVD player and iPod? Do you ever feel like he loves his "stuff" more than he loves you?

Outdoorsy in Duluth


Dear Outdoorsy,

Ah, yes. Fork's stuff. Well, sure, I occasionally feel a bit "out of the loop" since the most high-tech thing I can do is run around the apartment yowling at invisible pests (lol!), but you know as well as I do that no cold, unfeeling concoction of wires and batteries could ever compete with a wet nose, a soft purr and a pair of whiskers. I mean, he loves me. Of course he does. He spends a lot of time in front of his computer but he loves me too. I mean, he loves me more than his computer. It's not like he could ever replace me. He knows that. And I know that. And I'm fine with it. Really. He'll always love me more than technology. That's the one thing that's stood the test of time, right? Animal companions. He loves me. I'm not worried about this. At all. Everything's fine. Of course it is. Yes, thank you for the question. I have to go now.

Nelson.

No comments: