Monday, March 17, 2008

Holy Week

I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the sun to go down so I can go to sleep without it seeming like I'm weird. I mean, I've just got nothing. Nothing at all.

Did some "temp work" this morning, went to the gym, and now...

Now...

I got nuthin.

Seriously. It's kinda sad. You get through opening weekend, then Monday hits and--dang. I'm just sitting here with nothing to do for the first time in forever. No more 10-5 rehearsals. Nothing.

I guess I could get back to writing. I WAS in the middle of a project that was cooking along pretty well.

Or I could just continue to sit here and stare at my computer screen.

Oh yeah...

We got a GREAT review in Backstage. It ain't the Times, but it's kinda more important. Think of it as the Golden Globes.

And, in other news, I'm in another show. This one's a fifteen minute one act that's part of some sort of one act play competition. The winners get some kind of prize. Sure would be nice to get a prize. Haven't gotten one of those in the longest time.

And, in still other news, I have a job interview on Wednesday. Maybe there's a reason they call it monster.com. Because just when you think you're safe, a green, clawed hand reaches out of your phone and says, "We found your resume online and we have an admin/receptionist job that would be PERFECT for you!"

Despite my protestations that I moved to New York to pursue an ACTING career, despite mentioning that in my cover letter, despite being up front and telling the employment agent, "Look, I didn't move here to be a corporate b-tch" (okay, I didn't say that in so many words), still...STILL they want me to interview.

The guy who found my resume also must've read the parts that said I did an internship at a Presbyterian church back in the day. Because he started talking about how he's a good Italian Catholic and that he's so excited that they want to see me for this position. He's going to light a candle for me. Not a cheap 25 cent or even dollar candle, but one of the NICE two dollar candles.

"And be sure to tell them when you go in that you're not looking at this admin/receptionist position as a job. No, sir. You're looking at this as a CAREER."

Funny. Because that's kind of exactly the OPPOSITE of how I'm looking at this position.

No comments: