Thursday, March 20, 2008

Audtioooon! Audition!

At an audition for "The Glass Menagerie".

There's a jewish guy and a queen of England sitting next to me. Every guy who comes in they say, "Oh. He's the perfect Tom" and "Oh, he's going to get it. We should all just go home."

I want to turn and ask them to shut their stupid mouths.

Because now I'm all insecure. I mean, my hair *is* kinda long. And I don't have the nice clothes these other guys are wearing. And I guess I am a little ridiculous.

I'm first on the EMC list, but I'll still probably not get in until, like, 12 or so. My butt hurts.

I swear, these auditions are so demoralizing. Everyone's name dropping, talking about their numerous projects, talking about how they much they adore Osama, trash-talking movie stars, hating on George Bush (come ON, people! That is SO last year!)... It's a mess.

Why can't all shows have ukuleles in them? Why, I'd take Manhattan! *Take it*, I tell you!

3 comments:

FancyPants said...

hear, hear!

Anonymous said...

They're all hacks and poseurs and you know it. You know it.

Bibb Leo File said...

Is The Glass Menagerie the one with all the French hookers, the magician, and the rabid orangutan?

Or am I thinking of The Rose Tattoo?