Friday, March 14, 2008

Forkulele Friday

Whew. Opening night is out of the way. I woke up this morning and re-read the previous post and thought, "Wow. All that seems so very, very far away."

And that's a nice feeling.

So now all we've got to do is get through press weekend. I think the Times is coming to the Sunday matinee.

Piece of cake, right?

You know, the best thing about three people playing loudly on ukuleles is that, if one of you messes up or has to drop out for a second, nobody ever knows!!

In other news, birthday money has been spent. And this year, it hasn't all been spent on rent! Yes, going with the notion that you only live but one time, I decided to get something I really wanted. Something that I kept asking my oil-baron brother to get me.

This sweet thang!




I named it Peg. Because it's tuning pegs are all bright and shiny.

Thought about using it in the show, but it might be a little too pretty for our purposes. We'll see.

I couldn't wait to get this home and start playing with it, so I screwed up my courage and plopped down on the subway platform and started playing.

Best 26 cents I ever made.

3 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Did you receive anything from the Birthday Bibb yet?

Fork said...

Wait...I don't think so. I did watch--and love--Noises Off! though! It hurt a little.

Bibb Leo File said...

Well, it should be there soon. I mailed it last Saturday, for Pete's sake! What the carp is the deal with our lazy-arse postal service these days?!