Friday, February 08, 2008

Do you ever...?

Do you ever sit down with a cup of coffee some Friday morning and try to remember what the carp you did this past week?

I try to do it and I get the feeling you get when you bite into a marshmallow puff. Not the soft ones--the ones that have been cooked so they're hard on the outside and crumble into sugary nothingness.

I think I have cobwebs in my brain.

Do you ever feel that way?

I mean, this week was totally eventful. First play practice was this week. So were half a dozen auditions. Every one of which went awry somehow. Did I tell you about the train ride to New Jersey, only to audition for a couple of totally unenthusiastic girls who just looked at me without saying a single word?

I'm halfway through the new script. That's exciting.

So there. I remember some stuff from this week. Oh yeah--Osama got elected, right? There was that.

Okay. I have to get to rehearsal.

Oh yeah!! That's a whole 'nuther post. Whoooo doggies. Let me tell YOU!

P.S. Forkulele Friday may still make its Friday deadline, but maybe not till later this evening. I know you're all dying to know what I've cooked up this week...

1 comment:

Bibb Leo File said...

Are you kidding? I find myself forgetting each word as I read it in the five thousand volumes of text they cram down my throat each week.

Seriously, I read the same paragraph five times this afternoon without digesting a single word.

I think that must be what hell has planned for evil English academics. An eternity reading and re-reading one obtuse sentence from a Philip Roth novel.

Oooooh. Diabolical.