Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Charlatan

This woman is a FRAUD.



I can't tell you how much I dislike this woman's vocals. I've never liked her. EVER. And I bought two of her CDs just to MAKE SURE I was giving her a chance.

Apparently she's all the rage in superficial places like Los Angeles. Which makes sense because she's a total phony.

She's a fake, people!

I mean, the band is great. They get your toes tapping and mouth smilin'. So why do they have this second-rate vocalist aping Clara Bow? BADLY?

Lack of engaging vocal expressiveness? Check.

No pouty lips? Check.

Complete absence of that "Jeepers! I didn' do it, honest!" cupie doll innocence? Check.

Her vocal stylings are wrong, wrong, wrong. They do NOT whisk you back to the Teens and Roaring Twenties as review after glorious review states. No, this is the voice of your average musical theatre girl with a bob who happened to get really, really lucky.

As a connoisseur of vintage recordings and the tunes of Tin Pan Alley, I beseech you, do not settle for imitations! And if you MUST settle for musical chicanery, you can do SO MUCH BETTER than HER!

OOOH! She makes me HOPPING MAD!

No comments: