Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Waa

New note.

"Forky, in this and this scene, I want you to have a complete emotional collapse. I want tears streaming down your face in torrents. Can you cry?"

Uhh...


Well, THIS was certainly unexpected. Can I cry? Let's see. I used to cry all the time as a wimpy little kid. Whenever my brother picked on me, I'd shoot tears out of my eyes the same way those weird tree frogs do when they're about to be eaten. I was so good at crying on cue I'd sometimes trick my friends by turning on the waterworks. Those were good times.

But one day all that stopped. The floodgates closed. The dam was built. The drains were clogged. Now I can only seem to cry when I really feel like crying. And when I do, it ain't pretty.

I have to be able to cry buckets by tonight. Holy crap. What do I do?!

Suggestion time. Meanwhile, I'll sit here in my room and try to work up some tears. Hey, if nothing else, I should be able to score a halfway decent ab workout doing this. Do you use your abs when you cry?

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Forky, I feel for you, my friend. I wrote a similar post on 1/25/07. I wrote my acting teacher asking for advice, and he replied, "You have to be there before you get there. Don't stress it. Be in the moment." I was so happy when the tears came. Phew! You'll do great tonight, Forky, and I know you can do it! I'll be praying for you today and tonight.

Fork said...

That's what everyone has been telling me. Be in the moment and use the text. Let your internal fear of getting a bad review be your motivation. That sort of thing.

Thanks! I'll do my best! By the way...how many tears were you able to shed?

Tracy said...

Thankfully, there were some good water-works with a few good sobs. It was appropriate for the scene, which was cool. They welled up in an organic sort of way.

However, that is only the second time I have cried "spontaneously" like that in a scene. Both times, I had spent a significant amount of time throughout the day doing specific "emotional preparation".

Fork said...

Yeah, I figured that one out. I was able to squeeze out a single tear in one scene by being "in the moment." But a drop ain't gonna cut it when the director wants Niagra.

Bibb Leo File said...

You're a no-talent hack of an actor who will never amount to jack-squat! Plus, your abs are overrated, and your views on the current socio-political climate of neo-modernist America are frankly uninformed and overly trite.

And your cat is an asshole.

Are ya weepin' yet?

Queen, III said...

It's so easy!! I thought that I wouldn't be able to do it, but I totally could! I always think about how much I miss my grandma and how hysterical I was when I saw her on her deathbed, and that seems to work. Morbid, yes. Healthy, no. But, you're an actor. Actor is greek for unhealthy.

Fork said...

Umm...yeah...Queen III...I'll...do...that.