Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cluck

I'm standing here at Everycity BBQ waiting for the gang from Numbtindoughland and arrive. We're having a reunion of sorts. Couldn't have been THAT bad if I'm still willing to brave the freezing gales to hang out with a bunch of ex-co-workers.

Everycity BBQ is the most affordable restaurant on 42nd Street. For what you pay, you get a ton of food. The Chicken Caesar isn't just $3 more than the regular one because there are a couple of strips of rubbery chicken on top. No, at Everycity BBQ, when you order the Chicken Caesar, you get a Caesar salad with an entire piping hot slab o chicken breast plopped on top.

It's exquisite. Like black velvet paintings.

The chicken here is so good that just about everybody in the restaurant (a cavernous space that covers half a city block) orders some kind of chicken dish.

It leads me to wonder...

...How many chickens have to die? When will our hunger for them be sated?

P.S. The first Sunday of every month, Numbtindoughland encourages young and old alike to skip church and participate in a video game tournament. I'll save the details for another post, but yours truly just might be the third-best Gii-Truck racer in all of Noo Yuck.

Who knew? I don't even own the bloomin' game.

2 comments:

Queen, III said...

I didn't even know you liked black velvet paintings!!! Now that I do, guess what you're getting for your birthday!!

Tracy said...

I used to eat at Everycity BBQ after church sometimes. Glad you found it. They have one on the upper East Side, as well.