Sunday, February 25, 2007

March of the White Death

It's coming...

There's no stopping it...

Unless we all prostrate ourselves and pray earnestly for it to stop...

But the odds of THAT happening...well...

D.C. has fallen to the blizzard...

Noo Yuck is next.

Seeing as how Noo Yuck City feels like the entire world simply HAS towhat's going on within its narrow shores, you'll probably see our Winter Snowpocalypse all over the news tomorrow.

I used to really love the snow. But that was when walking out in it was totally optional. Here, marching over fields of sludge is the only way you can get around.

The storm is supposed to begin tonight. Possibly before we're even out of tech rehearsal.

I've written a poem. It may be the last one I ever write.




Snowflake, snowflake,

Stay away

That is what

I have to say

Don't fill the streets

with icy slush

Which I step in

when in a rush

Snowflake, snowflake

come to me

only when

I go to ski.

Fin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow .. nice poem