Thursday, February 15, 2007

It Snowed

It snowed. Sort of. It was more like icy shards than snowflakes. Still, it managed to really pile up.

For some reason this computer at Café Netto wont allow me to use apostrophes. Please forgive me. Im not being lazy and Id rather not type at all if I cant have my good grammar on display. But Ive stories that Ive got to tell. This blogs not going to wait for a dumb apostrophe key. Were moving on.

Im a little annoyed with my friends here. Not one of them warned me.

The snowplow goes up and down the streets and clears them off. Great. The taxi cabs can still scream through the avenues. But the plow leaves mountains of snow along the sidewalks, so if youre a presbyterian--er--pedestrian, youre kinda screwed. You have to leap over the mountain, walk through it...this is when you come to be really happy for the waterproof boots you bought in the waning summer months.

But nobody warned me...

Youll leap over one of these snow mountains onto what you think is more snow.

SPLOOSH!

Nope. That wasnt snow. That was icy sludge with some snow clumpies on top. Thats not solid ground. Its water.

Twice I did this yesterday. TWICE. The second time, I was ankle-deep, no joke. ANKLE DEEP! And when you find yourself suddenly in the sloosh, you cant stop. You have to keep moving forward. So SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH you go through the pool.

I reached the other side and announced to Noo Yuck, "THEYRE WATERPROOF! THEYRE WATERPROOF!"

I swear, this City is eating me for lunch.

In other news, the show I(dang stupid apostrophe key!)ve suddenly fallen into is also eating me for lunch. Im desperately playing catch up, but theyve been rehearsing since January. First performance is March 1st. I think the leading lady is annoyed with me and even the stage manager, my former director, looked VERY grave as I ran ashamedly out of the theatre at 5. I don--do not know what I did wrong, but it doesnt seem good. Its making me a little nervous.

Maybe they shouldnt have changed their concept so drastically here at the last minute. I mean, when you go from--

Well...I wont spoil it.

No comments: