Thursday, September 07, 2006

Packing Update

When people ask me what was the hardest thing about moving to Le Cité Grande, I'm sure they're thinking I'll say something about the apartment hunting, the wandering about, the feelings of fear and hopelessness, the stress of saying goodbye to my friends and closing a chapter of my life and all that sort of thing.

But the dag-blamed hardest thing about this move?

The freakin' PACKING! Now that all my stuff is located in one room in Countryville, I have to go through ALL OF IT and decide what will fit in my three suitcases. Do you know how freakin' hard that is? I've spent most of the day standing in my room thinking, "Wow. This is hard."

I guess the thought that my mother will come up and say, "Oh honey...you don't need to take all this stuff. Here, let ME pack FOR you" doesn't help either.

As Little Edie would say, "I think I must have the saddest life."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's AWESOME that you are moving to NYC!!!!
I will tell you from our most recent moving experience, you can leave most of it behind (or at goodwill, like we did) and you really won't miss it that much. Heck, we still haven't unpacked what little we brought back, and I still don't miss it! :)

Tracy said...

Just pack the necessities in the suitcases: clothes, toiletries, towel, one set of sheets. Put the rest in boxes and ship them USPS or UPS. Then when you get there, you'll get "presents" in the mail.

The Cliff said...

gee i love presents in the mail...Tracy you're a genius!!

Anonymous said...

You own too much crap. Selfish hoarder!