Friday, September 22, 2006

A Job...(adjective)...Done

21st Floor

Day 4/4

Free at last...free at last...

Almost.

I'll be free at 5:30.

While this place certainly could have been much worse, I AM glad to be finished with Waulmarque Entertainment...for now.

Still, can I just tell you what a curious feeling it is to emerge from this building and look around? "Holy crap," I think to myself. "I just finished a day of work in NEW YO--er--SUPERCITY X!"

It's a very strange feeling. Sort of pride, sort of disbelief, sort of "that wasn't so bad", sort of "I wish I has more money".

It's a complicated feeling.

The Great Dane struck again. Just when I started to think that we were safe...this morning...there was a fresh log.

Okay, I need someone to tell me...

Why on earth does any Supercity X-ian need a DOG? Those teacup chihuahuas I understand. But Irish Wolfhounds? I mean, considering that the most expensive apartments in this town cost seventy times seven times more than my old apartment in Everycity and are still no bigger than said apartment, do these "dog people" not realize that their massive, drooling poop machines don't help pay the rent?

Now, if the dog could do a little soft shoe, I'd understand.

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Enjoy your weekend in Supercity X! During my first year in Supercity X, I used to walk around constantly pinching myself because I couldn't believe I really lived there!

Anonymous said...

The first weekend in Supercity X? Whatever are you going to do with yourself? Don't get into any trouble!!! :)

Fork said...

Oh, I won't. This is actually weekend number two. I'm almost two weeks old!

Off to the gym!

Fork said...

Don't think for one minute that same thought didn't cross my mind.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! So it may be that the neighbor got one of the apartments sans-toilette? Perhaps the $400/mo discount justifies the night-soil...

Glad to know htings are going wellish. Keep us updated!

R