Thursday, September 21, 2006

Half the Man I Used to Be

21st Floor

Day 3/4

Honestly, being in a strange office is making me miss the normal, hum drum office in Everycity all the more.

Can you believe it? I actually MISS the 42nd Floor!

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. I mean, Supercity is a totally different beast than Everycity. Totally different. I mean, Grime Square is my backyard. If I want to see a Gaudway show, I just have to show up and ask if they have discount tickets. I don't have to make reservations. Why? Because if they don't have tickets, I can just walk home and try back tomorrow!

It is a somewhat treacherous walk, however. According to the good folks in my block association, I'm "far west" even though I only live one block over from the rest of them. My block is also a taxi depot. At the end of the day, the street is crawling with taxi drivers who don't speak Engrish. Lish. Which is fine if being around foreign tongues is your bag. Me, I'm always afraid they're making fun of my nose or something.

Then there's the Great Dane. I've never seen the Great Dane but I know he's there. You can tell. You have to hop over logs of poop in order to get to my place. It's illegal to not curb your dog in New York, but somehow, the Great Dane has gotten away with it. Probably because no one wants to mess with a Great Dane. I've taken to calling the street in front of my apartment Poo Poo Parkway.
Stupid dog.

Donna Donnitore, the woman I'm supposed to be supporting this week, is out for the next two days. You know what that means...

(Forky pulls out his Nintendo DS)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Watch your step on Poo Poo Parkway, Forky!

Anonymous said...

Does Poo Poo Parkway intersect Dead Rat Drive?

Fork said...

No. But it does intersect with Cockroach Cul de Sac.