Sunday, September 10, 2006

New York Eve

I sit here, as my mother watches the Clinton-edited version of The Path to 9-11, typing this last blog entry before New York Day. It's kind of like Christmas Day, only you don't get presents. I mean, unless by presents you mean an apartment in New York City a mere ten minutes walk from Times Square.

Once again I'm thinking, "Wow. Maybe all this September 11th stuff wasn't such a good idea." I mean, I went to my Mom and Dad's Sunday school class today and they said a special prayer for me, not JUST because I'm moving to Le Cité Grande, but also because I'm traveling on this particular day.

It's especially comforting to look over at the TV and see a bunch of Arab actors firing guns into the air, shrieking the Xena battle cry, "ay-ay-ay-ay!" (that was sarcasm, by the way). Why do they want to kill me? I don't have a lot of money. I don't make important decisions. I just want to sing and dance on a stage so people will love me. What's so wrong about that?

Why can't they show something like...oh...I dunno...Tomb Raider? I like Tomb Raider.

"In memory of those who fell on September 11th...

...the world premiere of...

Angelina Jolia as Lara Croft: Tomb Raider!"

That'd be so cool.

Once again, I think I crossed a great big line there. But you know. That's what the 42nd Floor is all about.

But, as Dr. No observed, flying into New York on the fifth anniversary of the September 11th attacks is kind of like giving the big middle finger to Osama. And that makes me feel very...patriotic.

Unfortunately, these past few days at home have wrecked havoc on my abs. Havoc. It will take weeks--no--months to repair the damage that has been done by all the food my parents have been shoving down my all too-eager gullet.

More ab updates to follow.

It's kinda funny to think that tomorrow night I'll be in New York City. *thoughtful hmm*

More tomorrow!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy trails and safe travels!

The Cliff said...

goodbye forky...see you soon...i mean when i come visit The City

Anonymous said...

Are you there yet?

Queen, III said...

Liar. it's tomorrow.

Tracy said...

Can't wait to hear how your first days in NYC have been!

Anonymous said...

Well, here it is the 14th...where are you? Did you arrive ok? How is the Big Apple?

Anonymous said...

Hey John. This is Melanie from Smithson Valley HS. I was avoinding my homework by browsing through MySpace, looking at people from HS. Are you really in NYC? ME TOO! I've been here three weeks. Write me if you get a chance. Melanie at Mccammon dot com

Anonymous said...

You're a liar. It's waaaaaay past tomorrow.

Fork said...

Is this thing working? Hello?

Fork said...

Is this thing working? Hello?