Monday, September 18, 2006

One Week Anniversary

I'm one week old today.

In honor of the fact that I now know the subway, I haven't been mugged, and actually gave someone ELSE directions how to get someplace, I think it's time for another famous 42 Floor poll.

Those of you who have been with us for some time know that in our blogosphere, we always use pseudonymns for everyone and almost every thing. This is so we can easily defend ourselves when our bosses accuse us of blogging about people and events going on at work. And it's just plain fun.

How can he argue when you tell him that this mystery blogger lives in colorfully named places like Wackyton or Everycity? YOU certainly don't live in either of those places.

I may have been able to get my apartment almost completely furnished in the span of a week. I may have a gym membership. I may have seen them filming the evening news for FloxNews and gotten giddy as I saw those faces that my family and ADub & Dr.No know so very well. I may have been to Numbtendo World more times than I can count.

But there's one thing I haven't got.

Rhythm.

No, wait. That's not it.

A pseudonym for this fair City. Yes. That's what I MEANT to say.

It's time to vote for your favorite! Write-ins will be accepted. Oh, and...

Happy anniversary to me.

The Choices:

Mugville

Le Cite Grande

Supercity

Supercity X (my personal fav)

Notjustanycity

Everycity Redux

This Fair City

Now vote! I expect this place to be hoppin' when I get back from my first temp job tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Gotham

Anonymous said...

New Fork City.

The Cliff said...

ohhhh I like Gotham too!!!

But if I had to go with one on the list I'd say Supercity X

X's make everything cooler

Anonymous said...

While New Fork City makes me giggle, I like Supercity X as well, there's something epic about it like it should have an embedded echo after you say it

Tracy said...

Le Cite Grande...because that's what you called it in a previous post. I'm such a loyal reader. :)

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I agree with FScott (Hi, FScott!). Either Supercity or Mugville.

Happy weekiversary. Have you gotten any interesting mail lately?

Fork said...

As a matter of fact, I HAVE! Thanks, ADub. That was sweet.