Thursday, August 10, 2006

Out of Touch

Hey gang. Sorry for the dearth of updates lately. Who knew unemployment could be busier than life on the 42nd Floor!

Yes, you read that right, piglets! Unemployment. Seeing as how the bump on my head has still not been taken care of, I asked Jerrie, the office manager, to see if I could get my employment extended for two more weeks--long enough for me to see the doctor and hopefully get the procedure done without having for fork over $8,000.

First things were a-okay. No sweat. Jerrie attempted to impress Mr. Archibald by telling him how she had the power to do anything...anything at all. Including extending my departure date.

She called me on my cell phone the next day to say that, surprise, she messed up and would I please, please, pretty please consider leaving.

That's when I told the woman to take this job and shove it.

In so many words.

But do you think I'm sleeping till noon every day? Tut, tut! If you do, you obviously know nothing about me!

I rise with the sun every morning and go on a fun jog! I do crunches! I take my time making a super-healthy, yet delicious, breakfast! But most important to my morning routine, I play one level of Kid Icarus.


Why they never turned this game into a big next-gen franchise I'll never know. It's got the most hummable theme music of any Nintendo game this side of Ghosts N Goblins!

Hmm. I think I'll take a nap now. Just because I can.

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

5 comments:

Tracy said...

So did you decide to go on COBRA, or what?

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

My unemployment is way busier than employment, too. Hope the insurance stuff works out. N.O. and I just forked over $2,600 for an up-front payment of a year of medical insurance for both of us. You know it's really ridiculous when you start going, "Well, I better at least get hit by a car or something, so this will be worth it!"

Bibb Leo File said...

Check your voicemail...

Anonymous said...

I freakin' love Kid Icarus. And I agree that it is waaaaay overdue for a big remake and expansion.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I just found a bunch of books that are yours and one I promised to give you a long time ago. I want to send them to you. How much longer will you be at your current address?