Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Best-Laid Plans...

Today is my last day.

I think.

I met with the doctor yesterday. Basically, this could take a lot longer than I originally thought. My health insurance ends on the 18th. Will this all be over by then? Will this calcified lymph node (that's what the doctor thinks it is) come right off? Or by removing it, will he leave a hole in my head? Who knows? That's what next week's CAT scan is for.

I have a couple of options here: I could go with COBRA...

...or I could stay on the 42nd Floor until this is all over.

I swear, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever leave this place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

or, when you walk out the door, you walk right back into your office like some weird sci-fi thing and you do it over and over and over until you scream and kill everyone...neat!

Anonymous said...

Would that make Yasriel some kind of Calypso?

Fork said...

All I know is I'm about to go apocalypso on her butt!!

Bibb Leo File said...

Sounds more like a freakish combination of the movies Office Space and Groundhog Day to me. Maybe you could write the screenplay for Groundhog Space. I'd go see it.

Tracy said...

Forky, I've been on COBRA before. It's expensive, but you can carry it for up to 18 months. So as long as you feel confident that the unicorn situation will be taken care of by month-end, you are probably safe leaving your job when you want to. Keep us posted on your decision. If today is your official last day...CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... How do you taper off smoking with wellbutrin Trench coats dogs Transfer palm data to blackberry 2006 toyota sienna Training facility paintball Provigil information computer games