Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's the times. They're a-changin'.

Something's blowin' in the wind...

I should have anticipated this. I mean, the happy, yet bittersweet finale to the MegaMan Battle Network series made me feel like something I loved just...sort of...died. Those games had come out like clockwork--a new one every summer for the past six years. I guided MegaMan through the cyber world as he hacked through mainframes, busted evil computer viruses, and swept me up in a simple, yet engaging storyline that has finally come to a close.

Then came the end of my time at Eventual Practical Financial Services. While I knew it was on the horizon, I guess I didn't really think of how it would feel to suddenly not go to work. I mean, I'd been there for two years. Day in, day out. Sunrise, sunset. 9 to 5. Now

Then, as if that wasn't enough, I finally made it to the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 for Playstation. The entire 3-game series (don't ask me to explain that) was dozens and dozens of hours long. I think I clocked in a grand total of about 40 hours on Kingdom Hearts 2 alone--I'd been playing since I got the dang thing in March. And it's over. It's all over. The epic storyline has drawn to a close, the characters found their way home, and they even cried a little.

My mom and I have spent the last several days making a zillion trips to the Goodwill drop-off center, putting things in boxes, throwing old stuff away, pretty much lightening the load, and drawing this chapter called "Everycity" to a close.

And best of all?

Yasriel got fired yesterday.

Is it wicked of me to be happy about that?

No comments: