Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Toddler on the Roof

By this time next week we'll be in dress rehearsals for 'Toddler' (everything else here has a pseudonym, I figured the show ought to have one too). I already have so many wonderful stories!

We may have the youngest fiddler in this history of this show. He's a little boy in junior high who's just learning how to play the violin. Bless his heart, he's trying so hard, but every time he plays I think of Nelson...

Our cast includes at least one indigo child, though I suspect there may be more...

There are so many little girls in this production that the town may as well be called Annie-tevka...

We open next week and we still haven't had a single rehearsal with the entire cast...

But best of all...

Last night the costume lady showed up with several racks of drab-looking garments (everyone knows poor people always wear faded earth tones). Lola Levenstein sent us out in groups to be fitted for our costumes. We got out there and after we explained to the addle-pated costume lady that we were there to try on the clothes, not steal them, she told us to pick our costumes off the rack.

"Are they marked with our names on them?" someone asked.

"Oh no," replied the costume lady. "Just pick something you'd like to wear for the show and I'll write it down on this clipboard."

Now you know why I haven't been referring to her as the costume designer.

Everyone else got busy playing dress-up while I snuck back into the theatre. I chatted for a little while with the Hispanic guy and the Episcopalian playing the lead Russian soldiers, when in swept the girl playing my love interest.

And she was wearing the brown version of this:


Image hosting by Photobucket


I'm supposed to fall in love with that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubba hubba!

Fork said...

BROWN! BROOOWWWWN!

I guess it would look okay if we were doing a Civil War version where Annie-tevka is a few miles east of Atlanta, GA!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 1988 saab 900 radiator price Auditor security live saab j-19 what are the signs of a gay man Gangbang masters

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »