Monday, March 20, 2006

(Tentative) SLOPPY PARTY!

I don't think I can even begin to fully explain just how much I want a sloppy joe right now.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I mean, look at this. How can you NOT want to sink your teeth into this most comfortable of comfort foods? You can practically hear it calling your name!

I guess high protein smoothies are no substitute for good, old fashioned ground round and ketchup.

This Friday night at 6:30pm (while the cast of 'Toddler on the Roof' is observing the Sabbath), all 42nd Floorers are invited to meet at my place for some homemade sloppy goodness! I can't promise this Sloppy Party will rival the crazy good time we all had at the KING KONG party, but it should still prove to be delicious all the same.

I'm breaking out the crock pot for this one. RSVP in the comments section so I'll know how much to make. Oh, and if you're allergic to anything (onions, bell peppers, cat meat) be sure to include that too.

10 comments:

Queen, III said...

I'll be there! I'm only allergic to NOT ENOUGH FOOD!

Bibb Leo File said...

Will there be pickles? I might be willing to make the drive for pickles. Kosher, of course. It is the Sabbath, after all.

Fork said...

Queen 3 - I'll be sure to double the recipe. Wouldn't want you to have an allergic reaction!

Mr. File - There will be pickles.

Karen - There will be no gravy, but you're welcome to bring the alcoholic beverage of your choice to hoard or share.

Jenny - You could always drop out. Let them find someone else to play Abigail! It wouldn't be difficult. Heck, this town is crawling with little ingénues who'd give their eye teeth to play that part.

I guess you have to decide what's most important to you: ground beef or fame.

Anonymous said...

send me an e-mail and tell me where you are now, and I might stop by to see Nelson.

The Cliff said...

Unless i find a round trip ticket from my small town in the Middle East, Baklava-ville, to everycity airport at a price that pleases my pocket book i don't think i'll be able to attend. Give my portion to Nelson.

Queen, III said...

No, give your portion to ME!

The Cliff said...

Ok, Queenie...it's all yours...If you can beat Nelson in a Leg Wrestling match!!

Queen, III said...

Have you seen my legs?! I could beat a lion in a leg wrestling match!

The Cliff said...

Damn...I knew i should have made it the prize in a Staring contest between you and Nelson!!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »