Monday, March 27, 2006

Bumper of the Sticker

Several months ago I was driving through Everycity and I saw this on the back of a car:

Obesity is the silence of death
Asthma, Cancer, HIV and more

I was immediately intrigued. It was like a puzzle! Okay, let's see...I'm pretty sure the writer meant to say "Obesity is the silent killer". But including all those other things under the "silent killer" umbrella...well, yeah. Most diseases usually are. I mean, you don't hear a brass band when someone has cirrhosis of the liver (unless it's Mardi Gras).

It reminded me of the endings of of so many old Nintendo games. "Congratulation! The princess is in the safely of you! Fin."

That the Japanese managed to work some French into a line of mangled English...I don't think there could be anything more amusing.

Then I got to thinking about the French lessons I took. When translated, what must my sentences have looked like?

This is the week of the translation! Yes, yes! If we are the speakers of the log in the web, it is we who do the speaking! We will! We will! I am very hungry. Translating correctly is not for the good in all in the town. I do not worry. I go! It is sunny. Will you go? I go! I adore the beach and the camping. I go to church and the theatre. Where are you today, everyone? Comment in the log in the web! The log in the web! Yes, yes!

The getting elderly of this will never happen.

3 comments:

Queen, III said...

Seiously, do it how you? Amazed am being I! Amazed! Amazed!!

Queen, III said...

Also, do you NEVER read my blog?! I'm tired of you never taking the time to comment on my clever musings!!!

Anonymous said...

Over the rainbow somewhere is high high! There over there is a dreamland that I slept and sang!