Monday, November 28, 2005

Password Reset

So once a month I have to reset my logon password for my computer here at Eventual Practical Financial Services Corp. Several months ago, I rediscovered a beloved old Nintendo game, 'MegaMan 2'. I thought, hey, that game brings a smile to my face and reminds me, no matter how grim life might become, there will always be fun things like MegaMan 2 to take me away from the rank and file and back to the place where I belong: Super-Happy Fun Land.

So I made 'megaman2' my password.

The next month I decided to go with something like 'MarioKart' or 'LegendofZelda'. But no. My computer would give me an error message and say that those passwords were invalid. So as a last-ditch effort, I entered in MegaMan 3 as my new password.

"Password Accepted. Your new password "megaman3" will expire in 30 days.

Okay. Well, 'MegaMan 3' was a pretty good game. It still brings a smile to my face and sunshine to my heart to think of it. It's a good password.

I got in 15 minutes late this morning after sitting in what the history books will remember as the Traffic Jam of 2005. I turned on my computer and logged on--and got the good old, "It's time to change your password" notice. I had made it to megaman5, despite my best efforts to the contrary. As I'm sure you're ALL aware, the MegaMan series took a serious turn for the worse after MegaMan 3 (there are eight total). Now, every time I logged on to my computer, it wasn't making me happy. It was making me depressed.

It was time for a new password. Something...festive.

How about "Christmas"?

"Password not accepted. Your new password must contain at least 6 characters and be different from your last four passwords."

Uhh... how about "Christmas05"?

"Password not accepted."

Maybe my computer has a Christ-blocker on it. How about "Holiday05"?

"Password not accepted."

Good grief! I suppose you want me to put in "megaman6", the WORST game in the entire MegaMan series! When I think of that game it brings to my mind thoughts of wasted potential, mind-numbing tedium, and dreams gone wrong!

"Password accepted. Your new password "megaman6" will expire in 30 days."

I tell you, the machines are taking over...


7 comments:

The Cliff said...

Anything but Megaman6 that was by far the worst. I didn't even realize 7 & 8 had come out due to the fact that Megaman 6 was so bad. I was sure it was the downfall of all videogaming.

Fork said...

Well, it's not THAT bad. The first three just set such a high standard for the rest of the series. MegaMan 6, for all it's faults, is STILL a better game than most of the "Be a virtual crack-whore! Steal cars! Kill cops! Whee!" games that people are peddling to toddlers these days.

The Cliff said...

point well taken

Grizham said...

But Forky, what happens if I want my child to know how to kill cops and steal cars? What happens if I am depending on that income?

In all serious, I agree...though... there is something to be said about MegaMan 5...

Fork said...

Ooh! Ooh! I bet I can name all the MegaMan 1-6 robot masters without looking!

MegaMan I: Cutman, Bombman, Fireman, Iceman, Gutsman, Elecman

Megaman II: Airman, Crashman, Metalman, Bubbleman, Heatman, Woodman, Flashman, Quickman

Megaman III: Snakeman, Geminiman, Needleman, Topman, Magnetman, Hardman, Shadowman, Sparkman

Megaman IV: Toadman, Brightman, Pharoahman, Ringman, Dustman, Skullman, Diveman, Drillman

Megaman V: Starman, Gravityman, Gyroman, Crystalman, Napalmman, Stoneman, Chargeman, Diveman

Megaman VI: Flameman, Blizzardman, Plantman, Windman, Yamatoman, Centaurman, Tomohawkman, Knightman

Megaman VII: Cloudman, Burstman, Freezeman, Turboman, Shademan, Junkman, Springman, Slashman

Megaman VIII: Clownman, Grenademan, Aquaman, Searchman, Frostman, Tenguman, Swordman, Astroman

HOLY CRAP! I JUST DID THEM ALL!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! laser hair removal free home owner insurance quotesbox 0 hentai paypal audi http://www.connect-laptop-to-internet-mobile-phone-nokia.info/Alfaromeogiuliettati.html Dell latitude d410 lcd screen Compare house insurance quotes .html Free safety health plan template 10 bulk shock sensor for car alarm new http://www.coffee-espresso-maker.info

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »