Monday, November 21, 2005

Best Morning Ever?

So I sauntered my way in to work at 9:00 this morning and soon found myself in a slight panic as I looked at the company calendar and saw that I was supposed to be here at 8:15 to cover the front desk for Candie. About a month ago somebody mentioned it to me and, stoopid me, I forgot! I hope I don't get fired.

On the way to work this morning, I took part in a Brake Party. That's when you're driving along at a nice clip and suddenly everybody in front of you slams on their brakes at exactly the same time. One could look at it in a negative light and say something like "[Expletive]! Why did everybody suddenly slam on their brakes?!" but I opted instead to burst into song. For some reason, everybody hitting the brakes all at once like that made me feel like I was at some kind of fun party. All those bright red lights...

This is how the Brake Party song goes:

Brake Paaarty!
It's a Brake Paaarty!
STOP!
Brake Paaarty!
We're stoppin' at the (clap!) Brake Paaarty!

Oh, expletive! I just got a phone call that the supply order for the 41st floor was delivered to the 49th floor AGAIN! This is intolerable! Or...maybe it's a...

Supply Paaarty!
It's a Supply Paaarty!
WRONG FLOOR!
Supply Paaarty!
We're on the wrong floor at the (clap!) Supply Paaarty!

3 comments:

Queen, III said...

You're obviously on the brink of insanity.

Fork said...

You have no idea. Two admins are out to boot so people are calling and I don't know what to do with them. So I just put them on hold until they hang up.

Not really. But I HAVE done that once or twice before.

Hey, the Bible says to confess our sins to one another.

It's so frantic up here today I--I don't even remember writing this post.

I'm laughing to keep from crying. I can't really begin to express how glad I am that it's a short week.

People calling, caterers delivering sandwiches, mail on the wrong floor, Consuela freaking out about the new online time sheets, the analysts emptying their cubicles into my To-Bo-Filed box when I'm stuck up at the front desk, getting two orders of manila file folders that aren't the right kind, me showing up late to cover the front desk (surprise!), Consuela getting in a car accident and nearly getting hit by a train when her brakes gave out (she's pregnant, by the way), Jerrie's son setting his hand on fire and being rushed to the hospital, Ginjur being out on vacation, the big boss giving me this evil "cut that hippie hair!" look and me giving him a simple "Good morning" look in response which is laced with subtext saying "HA! Just TRY and give me the axe, you corporate fatcat! Eventual Practical Financial Services Corp. is an ab-so-lute three ring circus! You'd be lucky to find anyone else in this town who could do this job HALF as well as I can!"

All this and more has happened this morning.

I thought I was so happy. Then I woke up and came to work.

On my own...pretending he's beside meee...

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Antispam msn Public boating nice laptop vw View web cams arlington texas free chubby housewives movie clips Friday huge tits Free paris hilton sextape clips sexy bbw tgp