Monday, November 28, 2005

Now's your chance!

Have you ever wanted to write an entertainment for a company Christmas--er--Holiday party?

Well, now's your chance!

Actually, you don't really have to WRITE anything, but ideas would be greatly appreciated. You see...

Mr. Archibald of the 41st floor (also with Eventual) is hosting the Company Christ--er--Holiday Party this year and asked me (me!) being the most dramatical person in the office (along with Candie of 'Agnus of God' fame) to write "an entertainment".

Why do I always say, "Sure! Where's the contract? Let me sign my name in blood!"? Why, oh, WHY can't I say, "In a pig's eye! It's not like you're gonna PAY me to bust my butt so you and your fatcat cronies can get a belly laugh at my expense! Do it yerself, twinkletoes!"

WHY can't I say things like THAT?! WHY? WHY? WHY?

My first (and only) idea was a company roast. But after Candie read my rough draft, she said the black lady humor and Jehovah's Witness jokes were highly offensive and would have to go (personally, I think they're the heart and soul of the whole piece but what do I know?). Then I got to thinking about all the sullen employees up here and it occurred to me that humor--especially of the good-natured nose-tweaking variety--doesn't come easy to them.

So I printed off a copy of the rough draft and cast it into the fireplace. It's back to the drawing board.

Only problem is...

Mr. Archibald wants to see the final product...

TOMORROW NIGHT!

Help, gang! Candie and I have to come up with a great idea or we'll get the axe!

7 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Whaaaa? I don't get it.

Fork said...

Sorry. I was having blog trouble. It's up now.

The Cliff said...

wow, that is a feat. I'll rack my poor, tired, little brain to see what I can uncover for you dear friend. By the way...is Candie cute?? that could play well into any idea i might have...about the entertainment...yeah...the entertainment

Fork said...

Dude. She's married. Sicko!

Grizham said...

That doesn't stop Boscoe212 Forky. He tried to seduce one of Bakerman's dogs the other day.

Oh I know what you should do..

Put a lot of Jewish jokes, I hear they are a scream and as it is close to chanuhkah it'll be seasonal.

Fork said...

Actually, JBo gave me the most BRILLIANT idea! Eventual Practical Corp's letters to Santa! Perfect!

Grizham said...

Blast, and I had the perfect Matza Ball soup annecdote. I tell you it was nakhes to the ears.