Friday, November 11, 2005

In Other News...

As many of you know, I'm "pulling an Annie" right now, which means I've decided that I'm somehow responsible for all the problems facing the world right now and the only way to make things right is for me to run away.

I was on my way here when I received a frantic phone call from Queen III.

Apparently, the Fox TV execs have decided to finally pull the plug on the best TV show since 'Seinfeld', our dearly beloved 'Arrested Development'.

A little research on the fan sites will reveal that the details are all rather vague...that maybe they're just pulling it for the fall...maybe they're trying to shop it around to different cable channels...nobody really knows. But rest soundly, dear readers. Fox has ordered 13 episodes for season three, which means, if nobody else picks the show up, the writers can still write a good series finalé.

Oh, and if you don't know what 'Arrested Development' is, then you have no idea why everyone in Everycity is CRAZY to get their hands on a Bluth Frozen Banana that will be available for consumption at the King Kong Viewing Party tomorrow night. Do yourself a favor and go to Blockbuster and rent 'Arrested Development Season One'. You'll be awfully glad you did.

Speaking of the King Kong Viewing Party, if you haven't confirmed yet, either by emailing me or by RSVPing here on the 42nd Floor, you need to do so now! I need to know how many bananas to buy! Er--I mean--I'm getting back in this boxcar. I'm running away! Not throwing a fun party! Yeah!

3 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Um, I just have to point out, and please don't throw things at me but... Arrested is WAY better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld was overrated and all the characters were total whiners. Plus, the lead "actor" was unable to deliver a punchline without smiling. It had its moments, but... no. I would put "AD" into Simpsons territory.

Wow, I'm being provocative lately. I hope I'm still welcome at the King Kong party. Let's go crazy-bananas!

Anonymous said...

I don't see any need to compare Seinfeld and AD. Both good, different reasons. I love both.

And F.Y'alls.I., the secret word to leave a comment for me is cqusqs. That makes me think of couscous. I like couscous. Seacrest OUT!

The Cliff said...

Say it ain't so Forky...Say it ain't so....You were actually going to HolyLand Orlando?????