Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wha-BAM!

"Do you have any other games that require you to get very active? My son doesn't get very much exercise and I really want him playing a game that will get him active."

"Honestly, ma'am, all I can recommend there is an outdoor playground."


I actually managed to say that without sounding snarky at all! I'm so proud of me! I'm really taking the servant approach this time around!


"Do you have a controller for feet?"

"Uhh...no."


Working at this store is great.

* * *

In other news, over the past three days I played through the entire "Pirates of the Confusabein'" movie tie-in video game (thrown together to make a quick buck off the movie) and though my arm is tired from all that controller-waggling, it was worth it. I can now tell you EVERYthing about the upcoming movie. I'm a walking Spoiler. At least until midnight tonight.


I had a dream the other night that I had been invited to Romney's house because I was good friends with one of his (many) sons. I don't even know what Romney looks like. All I know is he's Mormon. I started to discuss theology with him, then reason told me to switch gears and discuss Mormon church history if I hoped to make him see the light. Unfortunately, I woke up just before delivering the final blow.

But he was a really nice guy. Kinda simple in a warm, harmless sort of way. I'd vote for him.


Tonight we begin rehearsals for Kingly the 2. Better go buy a highlighter. No, that can't be it. Hiliter? Hilighter. No. Hy-lytor. Hy-tlor. Hitlor. Hitler. Holy crap!


Ooh! And I walk by the Scientology offices every day. There are always about three to five Church(tm) officials smoking and glugging coffee out front. I bet their theatan levels are through the ROOF! One wants to say something to them, but...what?

1 comment:

Bibb Leo File said...

I'd yell something like, "Boy, you guys are nuts...but at least you're not Mormons!"

(This message brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.)