Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Busy

Welcome back to Busytown.

I started back at Nofriendoland yesterday. They summoned a select handful of us to return and do some part-time for the summer months. I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was pretty slow for the most part so I spent a good deal of the day playing games.

I know, I know. I totally suck. I work at a toy store and get paid to play video games all day long.

Well, it's not ALL fun and...you know.

Really, it IS important to know how to play the things, especially since, 9 times out of 10, you'll have a Clueless Mom (a new type!) bring her 2 year old to play "KillAr KarnAge 2" and be baffled when the tot stands in front of the TV holding the controller and looking around as if to say, "Whaddam I supposed to do with this?"

"Play the game honey! Play the game! Excuse me, sir? Could you show my infant how to play this game?"

"Certainly, ma'am. Okay little guy, first I'm gonna need you to take the controller OUT of your mouth."

My feet hurt. And whoo-boy was I tired last night.

Thursday we begin rehearsals for (oh. I have to come up with a fake name for this...) Shakespeare's Kingly the 2. (That'll work) It's not as popular as Kingly the 3, but this director is really excited because he feels this show can be used to make a number of--GET THIS!--anti-president, anti-religion statements!! How cutting-edge!

Naw. We'll see. I have about 8 small parts... I play almost ALL of the servants. I'm considering making them comic servants. Wouldn't that be fun?

And then there was the audition for the other show. It's pretty much a two person show that was written by one of the better actresses from Naked Druid Lesbians from Brooklyn. She's also playing one of the "two persons" and she really REALLY wanted me to audition. Seriously. I walked into the audition chambre and she lept up and started planting kisses all over me.

And as fun as Nofriendoland is, one can't help but think, "I could totally be making more money than this."

Oh! And I'm taking ukulele lessons in addition to the Auditioning for TV/Film workshop.

So things have become busy. I just wish they also became more lucrative.

And more hair. Y. (I've stopped having the flashbacks, but I AM still a tad miffed about THAT little misadventure)

3 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Kingly the 2, huh? Is the director planning on staging the death by red hot poker to the rectum scene in his version? That would certainly send an anti-president message, yesiree.

I've been thinking of taking up either the kazoo or the harmonica. Maybe we could form a two-man band and travel the musical byways of this great country of ours. We'd have to name ourselves "The Dixie Whistles & Strumplunk Band" or something like that.

Bibb Leo File said...

Wait, I think I got Shakespeare's Kingly the 2 mixed up with Marlowe's Otherkingly the 2. Marlowe's is the one with the poker to the butt execution. Shakespeare's Kingly the 2 is the one with the controversial impeachment...I mean...deposition scene.

Queen, III said...

busy, shimizy...try being an overcommitter!