Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Miss My Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay

RATS!

I don't have good news to report. I'm really upset about that. I mean, it was one of those things where they've kinda penciled you in, you start getting excited about doing this role...

But then some other guy shows up and knocks it out of the park--at least THEY think so, anyhow. They send you the "Oh my gosh, we feel so bad telling you this!" e-mail and you reply back as sweetly as you can assuring them that there are no hard feelings and to have a great time doing the show you really kinda thought you were gonna do.

I guess it's good. A person wouldn't feel like he'd accomplished something if he were handed role after role on guilded platters. There have to be those nutty surprises to make sure you're really appreciating your situation.

HOWEVER!

I still got upset. I still felt like packing my bags and going home.

BUT!

Instead of deciding (once again) that the stresses of living in New York City compounded with the rejection one faces from the world of the off-off Broadway stage are impossible to bear, I clicked iRene the iPod over to the hap-hap-happiest of toe tap-tap-tapping ditties.

Perhaps I'd be in a more able mental state after a dose of glee-inducing hot jazz from the Roaring 20s.

STILL!

I'm awfully tired these days. For those of you who don't know, my older brother Forko is now DR. Forko. And he surprised everybody by deciding that Copenhagen was the place for him.

So instead of going to Houston like everybody thought he was going to do, he's going clear to the other side of planet earth.

Of course, this hasn't sat well with most of the Fork Fam, particularly Mammy Fork (Dr. Forko IS her firstborn, after all) and Grandmammy Fork (who thinks it won't be long before everyone leaves her all alone).

This and, well, Forko and Waffelle had helped out a lot with Grandmammy Fork. With them gone, who will be there to drive her to her doctor's appointments?

I can't help but feel as though it's my turn to...y'know.

Hold on--this is all rather hasty. I haven't even finished listening to these ragtime tunes.

1 comment:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Oof. I've been to Copenhagen. It isn't a nice place. Not that Houston is Heaven or anything, but... yeah.