Sunday, May 06, 2007

The NYC

I'm done with the four weeks of "temp work". I'm back to being a shiftless wand'rer on the streets of the NYC.

We also just finished the second of our three weekend run of that play I've been writing about. It's going really well. Honestly, it's my favorite show ever. It's an hour and fifteen minutes long. I sit backstage and play Pokémon for an hour and ten, then go onstage and deliver some closing exposition with two other guys and stuff my face with chocolate chip cookies.

Yep, you read that correctly. Another New York credit, this time on 42nd street, two blocks from the lights of Broadway. And all I do is say five lines and eat cookies at the end of the play. It doesn't get much better than that.

In fact, I've written a poem about it. It's been a while since I've written one of these, so excuse the dust.

Play o' mine,
Play o' mine,
Makin' me feel mighty fine.
It's not the best, but I'll not lie,
It beats a three piece suit and tie.
I sometimes think, "My life's a waste!"
As bankers leer and leave with haste
When I come knocking at their door,
Begging, "Please, one penny more!"
But worries all I cast aside
And try to just enjoy the ride.
This might be close as e'er I'll get
To Broadway's lights and all of it.
Pills and booze might mar my way
When I'm a star, but not today.
For now on cookies I will dine.
Play o' mine,
Sweet play o' mine.

1 comment:

Bibb Leo File said...

Dust? That thing's buried beneath the paleolithic strata.

And you need to post about Spider-man 3. Be topical! Be critical!

Be topicritical! Or critopical!

We don't always want to hear about your sadsack life, Strong Sad!