Monday, May 14, 2007

Lemonade Diet

Hey gang,

Not a lot going on these days. We finished the show, I'm still moderately depressed, and I'm doing a lot of research on Mormonism.

The show went really well. Again, you really can't beat an hour and ten minutes of downtime playing Nofriendo DS or reading about Joseph Smith backstage, coming out to deliver five lines, then stuffing your mouth full of chocolate chip cookies.

I'm still not sure what to do with myself, although my interest in ukulele lessons has been renewed thanks to the possibility of a nice, normal office job which will enable me to pay for lessons in Brooklyn. I can hear the tin-pan alley tunes drifting up the stairwell as I type this. Junga-junga-junga-junga-jung...

WAIT THE CRAP!

DID I JUST SAY NICE, NORMAL OFFICE JOB?!

Yes. I totally did.

I know I vowed I'd never go back to one of those, but as I'm not on a Lemonade Diet like my friend here, I need to be able to afford food.

It's not that I'm a sad-sack. It's that I'm so conflicted. On the one hand, if I'm going to work from 9-5, I'd like to be doing something I enjoy. That means moving (possibly back to Texas) and going back to school so I can get some other skills that will save me from losing my soul in the office tower. Also, for all his yowling, I really do miss Nelson (remember him?)

(I have this recurring dream in which Nelson makes the move to New York. Five minutes later he runs away. In one of the dreams, Queen III gave me her dog to look after. I lost him too.)

On the other hand, I'm in New York. My apartment is rent-stabilized. It's (a little) less than $2000 a month and three blocks from Times Square in Midtown Manhattan. With rent shooting up absolutely EVERYWHERE, I'm seeing more and more that this little nook is actually worth its weight in Gold Plates.

Everyone wants to live in New York. Who cares about the poop-strewn promenades? That...and I like my friends up here. And an actor works all his life to get to either New York or L.A. If they leave either of those cities, where else CAN they go?!

Maybe I SHOULD try the Lemonade Diet. They say it provides clarity of thought (along with clarity of bowels).

2 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Good Lord! Joseph Smith! You need to come back to Texas as quickly as possible! You're losing it, Forky! Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side! I'll even give you your cat back!

And what's with this "I like my friends up here" business? As opposed to us cretins "down here" in Hickville, USA?

The Cliff said...

Wait...why are you researching Mormonism?? Just curious