Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gray Hairs

I had to download one of those New Age 'Music with relaxing nature sounds' albums today.

I know. I always thought they were kind of cheesy.

But listening to the thirty second sample on iTunes, I was more than a little surprised at the way I very nearly passed out in my computer chair listening to a snippet of "Woodland Rainstorm".

Holy cats. Am I really THAT wound-up?

It's been confirmed by numerous people this summer: "Fork, you're the most high-strung person I know," they all say. This is usually followed by a comment or two about the increasingly visible and numerous gray hairs that are sprouting up.

"If you'd just learn to RELAX...to let things GOOOO..."

I texted my trustworthy massage guy. He's out of town till the 31st. I found myself typing, "Stressful summer. Can't seem to relax." That got me to thinking.

Good GRIEF.

This summer HAS been stressful!

*bites nails, worries over what to do about it*

3 comments:

Scott Baker said...

Bert and Ernie are relaxing. I'll bring them up to see you.

JBost said...

Get botox. You might not be relaxed but at least you will look it!

Anonymous said...

Sue Nutty. Or shame him into paying you by posting the most scathing blog post evar. From what you've told me, it seems to be the only thing that ever gets to the crook. He likes to screw people over but then doesn't want you to talk about it after.

Hamburger Helper