Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Futon Get!




Futon's here. I can finally stop sleeping on the floor like an alley cat.

In other news, we open our little show this Friday. I'm currently en route to one more rehearsal before the final dress tomorrow.

I'm really sorry for not having posted more about this one. I guess it just sort if feels like if you've done one you've done em all.

But this one was a little different, thanks to Our Leading Lady.

We have a huge make-out scene in the play. I'm not talking about a peck on the cheek. No, this is the kind where the director shouts out, "Grab 'er boob!"

OLL has been frustratingly icy. It's not anything personal and I get that. Hey, she really wanted her talentless boyfriend to have my role. I get it. I'd be mad too if I had to make out with me. Rippling muscles? Taught sinews? Who needs em?!

Her new thing now is directing the kissing. The make-out scene goes something like this:

Part 1: Surprise! I'm smitten with you! I hope you don't mind that I'm kissing you. I'll take it nice and slow and be very tender because I'm still not sure you're okay with this, but I want to make you comfortable so you'll want more.

Part 2: I take it you're okay with this. Now I want to eat your face.

Part 3: Goodbye. Hope you don't mind if I take a little taste for the road.

It's part 2 where the problems arise. I'm playing this like someone with a lot of pent-up sexual energy. As a result, I'm totally pouncing on her.

And she doesn't like it. Because it's not her boyfriend.

So she's decided that if I start kissing too fast, she's gonna pinch my back really hard. If I go too long with it, she's gonna push me off.

Way to be in the moment, Baby Doll.

We'll see what happens tonight. We're running that scene because the director thinks OLL is really stiff and doesnt appear to be enjoying it.

Me? I'm ready to throw down.

As for Nutty, I'm at a loss. I doubt I'll ever see that July rent.

I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve though...

-- Post From My iPhork

1 comment:

Seth Ward said...

That's one spiffy futon!